For the purposes of all applicable General Data Protection Regulation (DGPR) legislation, the data controller is West Wales Properties (WWP), and our head office is located at 12 Victoria Place, Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire SA61 2LP. You can contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
How do we collect personal information about you?
We obtain personal information about you that you provide to us through our website, emails, phone conversations, post or social media, for instance when you:
• Enquire about specific properties for sale or for rent
• Ask us to value your property
• Register for our email newsletters
• When you create an account on our website
• Participate in one of our surveys
• Interact with us on our social media sites
What type of personal information is collected?
The information we collect from you might include (but is not limited to) your name, address, email address, phone number, date of birth, financial details and any other information you choose to provide to us. It may also include IP address and other technical information through automated means through our website, i.e. cookies, username and password for your website account.
We may need to collect personal information by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you. If you choose not to give us this personal information, it may delay or prevent us from meeting our obligations. It may also mean that we cannot perform the services needed to progress the sale, purchase or letting of a property.
How do we use your personal infomation?
We use information held about you:
• By Consent: To provide you with information, products or services, or email updates and newsletters that you request from us or which we feel may interest you (where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes)
• Contractual Obligations: To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us; to make and manage customer payments; to collect and recover money that is owed to us
• Legal Compliance: As necessary, to comply with legal obligations. For example to verify your identity, fraud prevention and anti-money laundering checks, or for tenancy deposit schemes, or information required by Rentsmart Wales.
• Legitimate Interest: In specific situations, we would use your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedoms or interests. For example, to provide you with information regarding similar properties and services to those you have already enquired about, or to ask for your feedback about the services we have provided to you, or to provide services such as property maintenance for rented properties, or in relation to surveys etc. in the course of sales progress.
How do we store your data?
We understand how much important security is to all our clients and customers. Where data is stored on paper, it is locked away when not in use and disposed of securely after use using document shredders. Electronic data is stored on our secure server, or the servers of our estate agency software provider, Vebra.com, and their privacy statement can be accessed at https://www.zpg.co.uk/site-services/privacy-policy. Any personal data sent to us, either in writing or email, may be insecure in transit and we cannot guarantee its delivery, so any transmission is at your own risk.
Third Parties – Who has access to information?
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties, and we do not share data with third parties for their own marketing purposes.
We sometimes share your personal data with trusted third parties. For example, IT companies who support our website and provide email communications software, or with solicitors and conveyancers involved in the sales process, or with companies who provide tenant referencing, credit checking services, inventory software, or utilities.
How long will we keep your personal data?
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we’ll only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected or for as long as is required of us by law.
What are your rights over your personal data? You have the right to request:
• Access to the personal data we hold about you.
• The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete
• That we stop using your personal data for marketing purposes
• That we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent
• That we delete your personal data under specific circumstances. A request for your personal data to be deleted will be decided on a case by case basis and must be submitted in writing to the contact details provided in this policy.
You can contact us to request to exercise those rights at any time by writing to us at 12 Victoria Place, Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire SA61 2 LP. You can also select ‘unsubscribe’ from website alerts or manage your preferences from a link contained in our emails. If we choose not to action your request we will explain the reasons for our refusal
You have the right to complain about the processing of your personal data. Please contact us using the details provided above. If you are still unsatisfied you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office https://ico.org.uk